• Community Member

    Member

    Barbara,

    this happens to me exactly uf I’ve taken a dose in the evening, other times as well but definitely under the covers.
    I’ll jump out of bed in pain and weight strain the toes to make it stop.

    i am able to reduce side effects by halving the pill. I think it probably due to too much or not enough fluids or magnesium or potassium in body MY theory is it just reacts differently different says.

    If I cut back from 4/60mg to 3 for a day it quickly straightens out. Then I resume the next day to 4. Or I take 1/2 pill instead of a whole pill at 1 dose.

    we all process meds at a different rate, so following their exact written dose affects us each different. There is a lot of flexibility in this Med as it is pretty harmless and a very short half life. Diarrhea and cramps being the main side effects. Both short lived.

    i just find my playing back and forth.with dosage I can keep it mostly in check.

    Podiatrist likely will be clueless and look up the wrong tree.

    I would speak to Neuro first if you cant manage it with playing with dosing.

    According to my docs, it is not needed to be used exactly as prescribed. It’s more what works for you.

    good luck!