Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Pain and Myasthenia Gravis › Reply To: Pain and Myasthenia Gravis
-
Community Member
MemberI wish our doctors read these columns and posts.
I have been diagnosed to over 8 years and for the past 4 my muscle aches and pains have been ridiculous. I have noticed that a lot of the responses are from people on mestonin. I am only taking prednisone and have never taken anything else.
the pains are mainly in my shoulders, biceps, neck , and sometimes upper thighs. It hurts when I SLEEP! And it really hurts when I wake up. The pain I endure is more problematic then any of my MG issues since I have been taking medication.Yes….. I have spent $$$ doing arthritis tests and X-rays to no avail.
interesting thing is when I hurt myself skiing the other month and was on Motrin 800 for the pain, I had almost no pain in my shoulders or elsewhere. It was a nice break.
I wish us all the very best and hope that someday our physicians, whom we pay $1200+ an hour to, will listen to us and help us.Troy