Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Any Tips For Traveling Internationally With MG? › Reply To: Any Tips For Traveling Internationally With MG?

  • Community Member

    Member

    Travel is fine as long as your condition is stable and you can do some self titration (educated experience and doctor advised) of meds.

    impirtant thought:

    1. Ate you traveling to a remote location where urgent care is not easily obtained?

    2. Know where the closest western medical care hospital is available. With neurologist of course.

    3.  Advise any leaders in your travel group.

    4.  As to mestinon, if that is your Rx, be aware that too much mestinon can mimic symptoms of too little mestinon.

    I was diagnosed in 2015, had a thymectomy that same year, and been traveling internationally without event since recovery from surgery. I am stable on 60 mg of Mestinon twice a day or 30 mg three times a day. I carry a 30 day supply of Mestinon with me always on trips because it’s not always easy to acquire it.

     

    .

     

    Presently I am stabilized on Gammaguard (IV I G)  once per six weeks.   A recent trip to southeast Asia I was delayed on return home.  By an  extra two weeks I missed by those two weeks my infusion and needed to restart my Mestinon at 30 mg 2x  per day until I return.  Upon return I had my IV I G as prescribed and dropped the Mestinon