Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › How Do You Remain Physically Active? › Reply To: How Do You Remain Physically Active?
-
Community Member
MemberHello. For me, swimming is my absolute go to for exercise. I can stretch, do water aerobics, and swim as many laps as I am able. One of my favorite things to do is just tread water. Having been a swimmer my entire life, I find this relaxing and allows me to breathe deeply using the light pressure of the water on my chest as resistance to taking deep breaths. The only negative is how hard it is to get out of the water! Going from near-weightless to once more having gravity – ugh.
I’m also a big fan of circuit training at my local gym/YMCA/Planet Fitness (whatever your preference) for weight-bearing resistance exercises and walking on a treadmill, ellipticals bikes, and most dreaded the stair climber.
You’ll see that I like my exercises to be in a closed protected setting where I can stop to rest whenever fatigue starts to win the day.
As others have said, I stick closely to my medicine regimen. Finally I keep a journal to celebrate milestones, understand better where how my body is reacting, adapting to and my plans. It also helps me pinpoint issues to discuss with my support team.