Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › What Are Your Life Passions? › Reply To: What Are Your Life Passions?
-
Community Member
MemberI started having symptoms Dec2017. By April/May I was having severe double vision and on my second doctor to find an answer. I had to retire from a job I loved teaching a scrapbooking software for a large photo storage company, who had purchased the company I helped start. It was discouraging. Dec 2018 and on my 5th doctor I received my diagnosis. LRP4 Mg. High dose Prednisone was started and Cellecpt. Eventually IVIG and now SQIg. Over the next few months and after an an exacerbation my doctor has me very stable and Feb 2020 I was able to be rehired by my previous job and have enjoyed working again. It’s primarily at home and my SQIg makes it easy to travel on business trips. I have a very supportive health care team and husband so I am bleassed and very grateful.
I’m starting to exercoise again, no remission though, but definietly under control on Hizentra, and Cellcept and very rarely Mestinon which my doctor lets nme regulate as I need it.
I can travel for both business and pleasure now, see my kids who live in other states and grandchildren. I was even able to hike a little in some national parks last summer. At 62 and an MGer I felt a sense of accomplishment doing that.