• Community Member

    Member

    My answer would be  DISCERNING  !!!    I am finally in REMISSION….    I am HOME….  I have a computer now to start GOOGLING ….       Also, with the help of ALLSTRIPES and also PICNIC HEALTH RARE DISEASE  RESEARCH GROUPS,    …..   they have been able to find my countless medical reports, tests,  consults,  and hospital guessing games,  to me to have and read,  after I searched, on my own,  endlessly for 11 months.  BUT WHERE IS THE TRANSLATIONS  from medspeak to layman ENGLISH???   that I need to DISCERN  ???

    So I know now and can read what they did to me, what they drugged me with (what and why MORPHINE, ASA,  and FENTANYL),   what is a CODE STROKE and why, and how it was that I ended up being transferred to five different hospitals in OVER FIVE MONTHS.  What does ICU, PACU,  FOLEY,  and  LTAC mean ???

    So, I am still DISCERNING and GOOGLING LIKE MAD,  as I don’t know what most of the words you listed above,  mean in ENGLISH.  But the   WORDS look familiar from all the hundreds of report pages, that I am now reading and circling in RED,  all the WORDS to google.   I know now that the droopy eyelids, means closed eyelid ???,  and is called  PTOSIE ?? but why  don’t doctors speak ENGLISH ?    Also I I have never EVER before,  had a drug prescription ever written for me by ANY DOCTOR,  before I got MG,  so I never really understood why EVERYONE keeps saying that the drug prescription writing of all doctors is SHITTY and UNREADABLE.

    Now I know what they meant, as even a magnifying glass does not make it much better to read those child scribbled, consulting reports for me.  Fortunately some reports are readable, but MISSPELLED, and say done by a DRAGON, at the bottom.   About the only legible words, that those doctors wrote,  are the date and “IVIG”.  So I don’t know what your “D” words,   ….   except decline and decrease,    …. mean in ENGLISH.  SORRY