Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Very new to my diagnosis. A bit confused and would like anyone to weigh in. › Reply To: Very new to my diagnosis. A bit confused and would like anyone to weigh in.

  • Community Member

    Member

    I’m 6 years in and under control with 2.5 mg prednisone, CellCept and Pyridostigmine.  One thing I must caution you about, your drinking.  I thought I was doing OK as a moderate to light drinker. Then one day, before a cruise, having a couple of margaritas to celebrate, I started losing mobility. by the day of the cruise, I was in a wheelchair. I didn’t realize it was the drinking.  On the cruise I couldn’t even swallow my medication. I was a real mess.  Then it hit me – when I first learned of my MG, the doctor told me drinking, if any should be light.  I immediately stopped drinking on the cruise (although I never had a drink, maybe 1 or 2,  other than taking sips of my wife’s). By the end of the cruise, I could swallow, walk OK and used the wheelchair very little.

    You’re new to MG, my interaction with alcohol may be different than others, but I felt I should warn you.  No sense ending up in a hospital for something you CAN control.  Good luck.