Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Thymectomy With or Without Thymoma › Reply To: Thymectomy With or Without Thymoma
-
Community Member
MemberI was diagnosed with MG about 9 months ago. Have late on-set non-thymomatous MG. Age 62. Male. Initial recommendation was get evaluated for surgery. My thymus showed no signs of cancer. But I qualified as good candidate for surgery which was recommended.
Read an research article in Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. Research study published in early 2021 on Effects of thymectomy on late-onset non-thymomatus MG. You should read the study. Yale Hospital Drs. were not aware of study. But conclusion “Thymectomy in late-onset NTMG also yielded no benefit to CSR or PR compared with conservative treatments”
I didn’t have the surgery.
Before treatment I could not hold my head up at times, my right eye half shut, speech and eating was a real problem.
Now, I take Imuran, Mestinon, Ginger Root, Vitamin D, and Curcumin now. I live a very normal day.