Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties › Reply To: Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties

  • Community Member

    Member

    My very first encounter with MG before I was diagnosed was a very interesting experience. I was standing at a bus stop in Las Vegas waiting for a bus. After a while I leaned over and peaked out of the shelter to look down the street to see if the bus was coming and WOW!!! There was not 1 bus, but 2. One in the curb lane and one in the middle lane. No fuzzy presentation. They were both crystal clear. I thought to myself, “Hmmmmm, which bus should I get on?” In a few seconds only 1 bus pulled up to the bus stop. Not knowing that I had MG, I was astounded. A week later I had a Full Monty myasthenic crisis with every symptom of a full blown, full body stroke; couldn’t walk, talk, speak, use my hands, couldn’t swallow. I mean the whole 9 yards. Now a few years later I have both ocular and generalized MG. In the past 5 years I have been hospitalized with a myasthenic crisis 7 times and have coded twice. My ocular symptoms are daily. By evening I can’t read or watch TV. I am on 300 mg a day of mestinon, bi-weekly IV/IG and 150 mg a day of Azathioprine.