Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties › Reply To: Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties
-
Community Member
MemberI’ve had gmg since 2013, I am 69 now. Had my thymus removed 2014. I get a Soliris and IVIG infusion bi monthly, 180mg of mestinon SR, 2mg prednisone daily. When my mg flares up I take up to 720mg mestinon SR and 10 mg prednisone daily. High doses of Prednisone does not agree with me. I have had double vision from the beginning, it comes and goes, At first I wore a eye patch as needed for driving and all other activities. 4 years ago my optometrist fit me with a glasses that had prisms in them and it works. I can’t drive for long periods of time but 2 or 3 hours is fine now. 2 years ago I drove down to Arizona from Oregon pulling a 28 ft trailer averaged 7 – 8 hours driving a day with breaks. It is a moving target for me but still manageable. Hope this Helps.