Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties › Reply To: Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties

  • Community Member

    Member

    When I was diagnosed with MG I thought I was the only “One” who had trouble driving.
    In the beginning I was pulling off the road almosr everyday and closing my eyez for a while. The rest last maybe half an hour.
    Walking down a street was a chore. I felt I looked drunk.
    That began in 2009. My neurologist sent my to an ophthalmologist who specializes in mg patients.
    It’s 14 years later, the neurologist is gone the ophthalmologist also.
    My office was about 45 miles from home.
    My vision impairment and muscular weakness getting worse I sold our chemical business.
    I’m on plasmapheresis once month, a steroriod 3 timesa day and gabapentin.
    I sure would enjoy the mg symptoms leaving for awhile.
    If anyone knows a solution ease give me a holler