Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties › Reply To: Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties
-
Community Member
MemberI can relate to all your difficulties. I had terrible double vicion before I had my Thymectomy. I fell over stairs and down stairs. They just did not exist. I did not have a choice when it came to the point where I had to decide whether to have the op oor not. It had formed a huge tumor behand my breastbone and during op a partbof my heartsack was removed also. It had grown into the sack. About a month after the Thymectomy my double vision vanished. The light sensitivity stayed. I kept wearing my dark glasses wherever I went. Church, mall, movies, indoors. It got better but six years later, beginning of last year, it came back. Double vision, tiredness and now depression also. I am taking 60mg Mestinon 3 times a day and 50mg Azanum once a day. I suffer from leg cramps and sometimes my magnet helps but my GP prescribed Aspin Quinine Sulphate Tabs 300mg. I can only take this 3 consecutive days at a time but it helps a lot. Ad soon as the cramps return, last time took about 7 days before I had to takev it again. My GP is a Homeopathic Dr also and for my depression he described Lithium Orotate. This is a wonderful pill and keeps me chirpie through the day.
This, I hope, will help someone. My diplopia is only realy evedent when I am very tired. I think I am blesses?