Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Positive Experiences With Health Care Providers › Reply To: Positive Experiences With Health Care Providers
-
Community Member
MemberI am lucky to have many Medicare insurance choices where I live (Southern California). I chose Kaiser and am very glad I did. I was diagnosed by my PCP 5 years ago with localized MG (jaw, mouth and eyelids) and referred to a neurologist, put on prednisone and Mestinon, and symptoms went away after about two months. Four years later (March 2021) I came out of remission with most muscles in my body extremely weakened. Kaiser ran tests on my heart, breathing, kidneys, and liver to rule out other possibilities before diagnosing it as moderate generalized ACHr positive MG. My neurologist took a conservative approach with a higher dose of prednisone and time release Mestinon. Since my symptoms have not improved much, I am now also doing IVIG infusions. My doctors listen and are always available to communicate with.