Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Managing What Doesn’t Get Accomplished During a Flare › Reply To: Managing What Doesn’t Get Accomplished During a Flare
-
Community Member
MemberI’m new to this too (6 months) and am in a flare myself. I was extremely active prior to MG in my life and could set many goals for a day and actually get a lot accomplished. Not right now. I now set “mini-goals” and hope for the best. The exhaustion by mid-day frequently forces me to nap. The hardest part for me is getting enough sleep at night. I wake after four hours and have to sleep in split time intervals. I make it to about 1:30 a.m. then sleep again from about 4 a.m. until 7. Nothing my doctor and I have tried helps me sleep. Patience is not something I possessed prior to MG. I’ve now had to learn it and practice it where getting things done is concerned. I’ve had two IVIG so far, but nothing has really helped the exhaustion, the weakness and the trembling constantly inside my arms and legs. Learning every day and hoping the MG specialist I am soon to see will be more aggressive than the general Neuro I see now.