Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Do you have Seronegative MG? › Reply To: Do you have Seronegative MG?
-
Community Member
MemberSo good to read all these! I am also seronegative. This is my 3rd year anniversary and I am 72, so you can see I was a “late comer”. Double vision was the prompt that took me to the ER, single fiber EMG the eventual confirmation. Like many of you the past three years have been a journey—mestinon, a constant companion, IVIG an early necessity for a near crisis, and prednisone for more than a year to stabilize. Now I take cellcept and have definitely plateaued to a stable place after a full year and am taking just a baby dose of prednisone. I swim in a warm pool regularly because I also have another autoimmune disease which definitely complicates—ankylosying spondylitis affecting my back and joints. But, I am grateful—with lots and lots of medications to navigate and wonderful new friends with similar disease to guide, life is not only manageable but beautiful. I do have excellent medical care. My own spiritual walk in reading God’s Word is a constant source of strength. Yes, I would love to meet via zoom or however!
Debbie