Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Do you have Seronegative MG? › Reply To: Do you have Seronegative MG?
-
Community Member
MemberHi, I’m seronegative as well. My diagnosis was relatively easy. My optometrist first suggested MG due to my right eye randomly dropping out of alignment. The neurologist immediately trialed me on mestinon due to the eyes but significant bulbar symptoms and shortness of breath. I had a great response to the mestinon which confirmed the diagnosis for my neurologist. I started having double vision 40 years ago. It was random and mild. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with undifferentiated connective tissue disease. I was already on methotrexate when the symptoms of generalized MG started. The neurologist wants to start cellcept but there has been a delay due to me needing to change rheumatologists. My previous rheumy couldn’t figure out how to work with the neurologist. I just got the go ahead to add cellcept on top of the methotrexate. My other significant symptoms of dysautonomia with gastroparesis and bowel dysmobility have been helped a lot by the mestinon. I take 60mg 3-4 times in the daytime and the 160mg long acting at night. I’m working remotely due to the threat of Covid and the difficulty with driving and double vision. I have more energy working remotely. The effort required to get to work was making me much worse. I’m hopeful the cellcept is going to help. The muscle weakness is getting worse.
I would love to try to connect via Zoom or other methods.
It’s nice see that we aren’t alone in this MG world!
Does anyone else have a connective tissue disease with your MG? Or a relative with MG? My aunt has MG and lupus. I’m sure family history played a part in getting my diagnosis so easily. I just wish I could find a rheumatologist as awesome as my neurologist! My fingers are crossed that this most recent one is the last one!
Nice to meet all of you!!
Julie