• Community Member

    Member

    I started pretty quickly having droopy eyelids and head, and went to my PCP doctor (she was able to squeeze me in the next day) and she sent me directly by ambulance to the ER at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco.  As soon as I arrived, the Triage nurse guessed it and then the ER doctor (not a Neurologist) diagnosed it by using the  ice bag test.  Then the on-call Neurologist immediately referred me to one of her office colleague Neurologists who specializes in MG (as well as ALS).  I was admitted and stayed in the hospital for 9 weeks getting three IVIGs and two plasma flushes along with Prednisone.  I was very lucky to be in one of the two top hospitals in San Francisco, second only to University of California San Francisco.  Interestingly, my Neurologist said I most likely had a mild case of MG for about 18 months, just without major noticeable symptoms that would have caused me to go to my PCP.