Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Taking Care of Pets › Reply To: Taking Care of Pets
-
Community Member
MemberWhile in my fifties, I bought a small farm outside of Houston Texas, for the benefit of my wife. I have always had dogs, with my Vizsla I did obedience, flyball, and hunt tests. My wife was into herding with her border collie. Now, she is very competitive in herding, trains a lot of other people’s dogs, puts on trials, and right now has four dogs in for boarding and training. She has built a nice business. Now, we have a herd of sheep, some dairy goats, cattle, and ducks.
After I retired, I decided to get serious with the dairy goats, ie, get licensed so I could sell my goat milk cheese at farmer markets. While on the way to pick up a micro dairy, my eyelids started dropping. Yes, MG was the diagnosis. At least, I got a very quick diagnosis.
My greatest regret is not that I never got my dairy license, but I cannot feed all my livestock, or help train the herding dogs. I loved working with my dogs. So now my wife handles all of that field work. Me? I vacuum the house, do the laundry, wash the floors, do the dishes, clean the litter box. Not near the fun as working with the canines. But I am still active and useful.