Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Diet, Exercise, and Supplements › Weight Loss and MG › Reply To: Weight Loss and MG
-
Community Member
MemberI had been losing weight rapidly for 18 months. About 75 pounds. From 245 to 168. My PCP did all scans to rule out cancer. But I continued with weight loss even eating full meals. When I went to the hospital with MG, my Neurologist asked if I have had to sit or raise up in bed at night for breathing comfort. I had been doing that for about the 18 months. He said that he suspected I had a mild case of MG for those 18 months because even a slight difficulty in breathing causes the body to massively (his term) burn calories so that’s why I was burning more calories than I was taking in. When he got my MG under control in the hospital, I began gaining weight and am back to 206.